Sunday, April 4, 2010

A couple of weeks ago my class had an exhibit called PHILANTHROPERPETUALITY. We all chose a company that gives back to the world and their community. McSweeney's has an open writing center at their publishing house for kids to come in after school to be tutored. They encourage people to give any free time (even if it's just an hour) to help the kiddies read and write.








This last semester has finally given me a little extra time to volunteer at my local literacy center. I tutor a 2nd grader named Alexis and I think she is grand! I always leave feeling great.


If my poster doesn't make you want to go out and help then this will, I promise.

To get involved go here.

2 comments:

Jane said...

i like this a lot. you did really well. wish i could have seen it in person. that TED is fantastic too. inspirational!!!

Amanda Jane Jones said...

This is really great. Rory. Bravo! I wish I could have seen it in person.

Blog Archive