Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A day late, a buck short.

When I was a younger lad I really wished I was punk as F@#%. I really wasn't though. I was born and raised in a upper-middle class family. That's as gutter punk as it gets, right? I always wanted to be one of those guys who could dye his hair black and make it look good. As dumb as I was back then I did have the good sense to not dye my strawberry blond hair black. Actually I kind of wish I did do it cause it would be funny to write a blog about how awesome I was. Anyway, back in the day I would often fiercely profess my hatred toward Blink-182 (the sell-outs) to my poser classmates. I think it was because they were the band that people I wanted to be like would have hated. The funny part about it all is that I actually secretly liked their music.

It's interesting how several of the student body officers at my school were into punk too. They were referred to as the "cool kid punks" between me and my friends. They were totally good looking. Somehow they even dressed more punk-like than me, only they wore student body officer jackets too. Oh them and their Bouncing Souls shirts and $40 studded belts. Anyone of them could get any chick in the whole school. But I was totally jealous of them and wished I could be their friend. I made my studded belt and it sucked. The only thing I had on them was that I actually legitimately skateboarded. Somehow I thought that was a requirement to be punk, thanks Dwayne Peters.

I must say that I've seen some of these cool kid punks lately and they're totally rad. I'm sorry I ever had bad feelings towards them. It's funny how things change when you get older.



I'll finally get to my point. Back in the day these cool kid punks would make fun of "Dammit" by Blink 182. They would make fun of it by singing every single word to the song. Probably because they listened to it tons. Like I secretly wanted to. This video is funny because the guys totally are dorks. They wore the type of clothes my mom would buy for me so I could look cool but in reality I totally hated and never wore. Anyway.... yeah.

Sorry Mom. You always tried so hard to do nice things for me, but I never wanted any of it. I love you.

No comments:

Blog Archive